Saturday, March 28, 2009

I bought a car and signed my name on the title. I only had it a week and sold it. do I have to get it register

I only had the car a week and sold it. I want to know if the next guy just sign his name next to mine and get it registered in his name. I am already losing money on the deal, and registering it , will cost me another $145.
I bought a car and signed my name on the title. I only had it a week and sold it. do I have to get it register
No you must register it in your name than you can sell it. There is only one space for individuals to sign and transfer a title. The other spaces are for dealers only. Once you signed your name to you cant keep adding peoples names until the title is transferd to you than you can sell/transfer title to next buyer.....UJN
I bought a car and signed my name on the title. I only had it a week and sold it. do I have to get it register
no, but you need to send the title off, so it will come back in your name, then you can sign it over to the new owner
Reply:No. The vehicle must be registered to you through your states DMV before you can legally sell it. The person who bought it will have serious problems trying to register it because you did not give him a CLEAR title to the vehicle. Legally speaking he can take you to court, rescind the purchase, give the car back to you and force you to refund his money.

No comments:

Post a Comment