Saturday, March 28, 2009

I was in a car accident and was at fault, all the other driver gave me was a name & phone # How do I proceed?

The accident occurred at a HWY interchange, in the midst of a rain storm. When I looked right to be sure I could merge into the right hand lane, the drivers in front of me slowed to an almost complete stop and when I looked back and hit my brakes and tried to swerve out of the way I slid into the back of the driver in front of me. He claimed to have no insurance, and refused to give me any information, except a phone number and a name, not his-but a woman%26#039;s that was in the car, I believe the owner. The cops weren%26#039;t responding to non-injury accidents so I had no way of forcing this guy to give me the right information. His bumper was damaged, but that%26#039;s about all. I%26#039;ve been told he could decide to sue me...


I%26#039;m not quite sure how to proceed.
I was in a car accident and was at fault, all the other driver gave me was a name %26amp; phone # How do I proceed?
notify your insurance company tell them the damage was slight on the other car and you don%26#039;t think he will turn the claim in that way if he doesn%26#039;t turn the claim in it will not count against you
I was in a car accident and was at fault, all the other driver gave me was a name %26amp; phone # How do I proceed?
Notify your insurance company. In the event he does contact you, refer him to your insurance. I%26#039;d bet you never hear from him though.
Reply:Call your insurance company, let them know what happened and any information you do have. Then call the police non-emergency line and get a police report.





Don%26#039;t worry, this is why you have insurance! Let them handle this. The other driver will not sue you unless their damages go over your coverages.





Sorry this happened to you, at least no one was injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment